- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4kg boneless leg of lamb, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large leeks (white portion only), cut into 1.5cm slices
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
Add lamb and onion; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink.
Stir in flour until blended.
Gradually add broth.
Bring to a boil; cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
Add leeks, carrots, 1 tablespoon parsley, rosemary, salt, pepper and thyme.
Spoon into a greased 13x9 inch or 3 qt. baking dish.
Cover with potato slices; brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
Bake 1 hour; brush potatoes with butter.
Return to oven; bake until meat is tender and potatoes are golden, 30 minutes to 1 hour longer.
Cool briefly; sprinkle with remaining parsley.