- Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°C and grease a 9” x 3” baking dish with oil.
Add rice, onion, broth, and soup and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Place chicken thighs in rice mixture and brush with melted butter.
Sprinkle with thyme and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour.
Uncover and bake 30 minutes more, until rice is cooked and chicken is golden.
Garnish with parsley before serving.
by Lena Abraham (www.delish.com)