- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1.5kg beef mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- Sloppy Joe mix (made up of equal tablespoons of tomato sauce, worcester sauce, mustard and tomato paste)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese, divided
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, cook mince and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Add the vegetables, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sloppy joe mix, parsley and oregano. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Top with cottage cheese, 3/4 cup of cheese and the remaining pasta mixture.
Cover and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.