- 2kg steak mince
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian mixed herbs
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet, cook mince and onion over medium heat until no longer pink.
Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
Stir in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Add to beef mixture and gently stir in tomatoes.
Transfer to an ungreased 13x9 baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheeses.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.