Potatoes South Africa
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked
- 22ml olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 200g spinach, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and finely torn
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Put the potatoes on the prepared tray and brush with 5ml (1tsp) of the oil. Season and bake until the skin is crisp and the flesh is soft, about 30 minutes.
Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan and over medium heat, sauté the onion until soft for about 2 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and mushrooms and cook until soft and golden, for a further 5 minutes.
Add the spinach, chicken, 30ml (2 tbsp) of the parsley and cook until the spinach has wilted and the chicken has heated through, for about 4 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, make a cross and split open slightly.
Spoon the chicken mixture over the potato and serve while still hot.