- 1 free range chicken
- 1-2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can beer
1. Approximately 30 minutes before cooking, rub the chicken with some paprika, olive oil (keep some aside for basting), lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2.Shift the prepared coals to the side of the Weber to avoid too much direct heat.
3. Insert an opened can of beer halfway into the chicken cavity, stand the chicken upright on the grid using the beer can as a pedestal and close the Weber lid.
4. Cook for about 60 minutes, basting occasionally with oil while roasting. (Work on 20 minutes per 450g plus an extra 50 minutes.)
5. Remove the roast chicken from the Weber, remove the beer can and allow chicken to rest for about 10 minutes before carving.