AMBUSHED IN CAR: Julian Davidson, 30. CREDIT: Supplied

The City of Cape Town is offering a R50 000 reward for information leading to the capture of law enforcement killers.

Julian Davidson, 30, was killed in Lower Crossroads on Friday night while sitting in an official car outside a colleague’s house.

The pair had gone to drop off medication at the colleague’s home for his sick wife.

Davidson was waiting inside a law enforcement vehicle in Somi Road when he was ambushed.

About six shots were fired through the window before the defenceless law enforcement officer was dragged out of the car, presumably for skelms to take his firearm.

Davidson leaves behind his wife, who is also a law enforcement officer, and two little children.

The City’s safety chief JP Smith says Davidson was unarmed.

“It was a good deed that went horribly, horribly wrong,” a saddened Smith tells the Daily Voice.

“They were not even supposed to be in that environment, they were supposed to be doing low-risk work.

“They had permission to drop the medicine so they went to the house.

“(Davidson’s) colleague ran into the house, then he heard the gunshots.

“He came out and saw his partner was pulled out of the vehicle, he was dead.

“They shot him five or six times through the window.”

He says it appears Davidson was caught off guard and had no time to alert anyone.

Smith condemned the attack, as well as that of SAPS Sergeant Louis Plaatjies who was attacked last week outside a voting station in Pliny Road, Athlone.

Plaatjies was shot in the stomach and robbed of his service pistol by four suspects.

“It appears (law enforcement officers) are getting attacked whether they have firearms or not,” Smith says.

The case is being investigated by the Hawks who said no arrests have been made as yet.

Senior investigator for the City’s special investigating unit, Mark Brookes, says they are assisting the Hawks.

“We are following up on some leads, fingerprints and DNA have already been taken. We don’t know how many suspects there are but we know there was more than one,” he says.

Davidson’s family declined to comment when the Daily Voice visited their Mitchells Plain home yesterday.