The spectacular Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town is home to more than 8 000 exquisite marine animals representing over 250 species. Nowhere else can you experience quite as much of the diverse life that thrives underwater along the southern African coast.
Three awesome large-scale exhibits – featuring amongst others majestic ragged-tooth sharks, a tall waving kelp forest, turtles, stingrays and a full 10m-long tunnel – complemented by many smaller exhibits that surprise and delight around every corner. Close encounters happen at the Touch Pool and Microscope, by diving with the sharks, and during five feeding times a day – all of which ensure that visitors are engaged and informed throughout their visit.
For those who want to visit the Aquarium often, an annual membership is the best value for money. But what does your membership fee really pay for?
- Unlimited access for you for an entire year, so that you can come and go as you please and plan to participate in those activities that you find most rewarding, along with member-only experiences;
- The rescue, rehabilitation and release of endangered turtles;
- Rescue of Cape fur seals from life-threatening plastic nooses;
- Contributions to scientific research on sharks, sunfish and more;
- Free visits for nearly 30 000 children a year who can’t afford to come to us;
- Subsidised visits for school groups for curriculum-aligned marine science lessons;
- Free extra-curricular holiday courses for children interested in marine sciences;
- Free entry for children with terminal diseases through Reach for a Dream;
- Free entry to pensioners once a year, organised in partnership with Cosatu;
- Campaigns like “Home to Ocean”, which encourages people to say no to single-use plastic through widespread initiatives such a public presentations, beach clean-ups and events.
So, now that you have decided to become a member of the Two Oceans Aquarium, imagine being asked if you would like a rehabilitated turtle with your membership?
Members also receive invites to exclusive family sleepovers and behind-the-scenes events, exclusive extended hours at the Aquarium, and preferred rates for public events and other Aquarium experiences.
You can also have underprivileged children watch the shark feed with you.
There is also the breathtaking 10m-long tunnel, and the mesmerising Oceans of Contrast featuring the Indian Ocean Gallery and the Atlantic Ocean Gallery.
While this is an awesome family day out for children with lots of opportunities for interaction, we have it on good authority that adult curiosity and wonder are also awakened on every visit to the aquarium, which is a must-visit top 10 attraction on the V&A Waterfront and rated as one of the best event venues in the area.
We won’t ask you strange questions when you become a member, but isn’t it good to know that your aquarium membership is something that lasts even when you’ve left the building? That’s worth every cent!
To become a member, sign up online or on your next visit to the Two Oceans Aquarium. Alternatively, come for the day and if you like what you sea, you can upgrade your day ticket to a membership on the spot.