- Simply boil on a simmering medium heat with water, just about covering the meat, add a bay leaf, a few peppercorns and one clove.
- Boil for 1 hour and 30 minutes. If it’s a bigger piece of meat boil on medium heat for 2 hours.
- Remove and cover with foil and allow meat to rest for 30 minutes. Slice and serve on fresh rolls spread with butter.
- It’s the same as the soutvleis... Just cook on medium heat for 2.5 hours.
- When slightly cooled but still warm, remove the tough outer skin... It will peel away and that is also how you know the meat is cooked just right.
- After slicing and placing meat in a serving bowl, pour over just a little of the cooking juices to keep moist and juicy.