- 1kg beef pieces (with bone)
- 4 grated carrots
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 2 Tbsp chopped celery
- 1 large pot, fill 2/3 with water
- 200g soup mix
- 200g split peas
- 4 oxtail stock cubes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp leaf masala
- 1 Tbsp 11 in 1 spice
- Salt to taste
- Heat up the water then add meat, soup mix and split peas and bring to boil.
- Now add the grated carrots, onion and potatoes.
- Top up with water. Bring to boil then turn the heat to low.
- Next, add the stock cubes, black pepper, spices and celery.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remember to stir soup at regular intervals, every 10 minutes or so.
Hint: For extra flavour, brown the onions and meat separately and add after the split peas and soup mix boil.