Recipe from the book: Simple, fabulous Lunchbox ideas by Leanne Katzenellenbogen
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup diced tri-coloured frozen peppers, sautéed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30g Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the eggs well.
- Add the sautéed peppers and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 6 greased muffin tin holes or 6 silicone cupcake holders.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheese over each frittata.
- Bake for 18 minutes (this may vary a bit depending on your oven, but the egg should be cooked through).
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Makes 6 frittatas
Tip: Involve the kids by dividing the tasks of grating the cheese, beating the eggs, sautéing the peppers and pouring the mixture into the muffin tin between them. You can use frozen or fresh peppers for this recipe.