- 1kg steak mince
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 onions chopped finely
- 1 can of peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 115 grams of tomato paste
- 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (very important)
- 1 box of Lasagna
- White cheese sauce (recipe will be posted)
In a large pot, heat the oil and add the onions, fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
Next add the garlic, salt, pepper, herbs and tomato in a tin and the paste and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Now add your steak mince and cook for another 10 minutes.
Add a cup of warm water and on medium heat cook mince stirring occasionally.
After 20 minutes add another cup of warm water and simmer for 10 minutes and you’re done.
Cape Malay Cooking and other Delights