You can ring the changes to the curry by adding cooked pumpkin or butternut - or any other veggies of your choice.
- 45ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions cubed
- 1 yellow pepper cubed
- 1 red pepper cubed
- 4 ripe tomato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2.5ml red chilli powder to taste
- Rajah Mild and Spicy curry powder
- 5ml cumin seeds
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 x 400g tinned chickpeas drained
- 400g tinned lentils drained
- chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- 2 lemons cut into quarters
1. Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions until golden brown. Add the yellow and red peppers, and the fresh tomatoes, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, all the spices and the tin of chopped tomatoes, then stir in the contents of the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes, then stir in the drained chickpeas and lentils.
4. Cook gently for a further 5 minutes, or until the chickpeas and lentils are hot.
5. Tip into a serving dish, sprinkle with fresh coriander and top with the quartered lemons.