- 175ml Castle Milk Stout
- 50 ml double cream
- 125g light muscovado sugar
- 450g dark chocolate (chopped)
1. Pour 75ml of Castle Milk Stout into a saucepan along with the cream and sugar. Stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved then add the remaining ale, bring to a boil then remove from the heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
2. Place the chocolate into a bowl and pour over the warm ale. If the liquid is too hot the mixture will split. Stir slowly but constantly to melt the chocolate.
3. Cool to room temperature, then roll into truffles. Coat with cocoa powder and keep in the fridge until needed. Remove from the fridge 20 minutes before serving
Tip: Choose Castle Milk Stout to help complement, rather than contrast, with the bitterness in the chocolate.
In this recipe the beer takes the place of most of the cream, which is normally used when making a ganache.