- Leg of lamb
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 3 carrots
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put your leg of lamb in a big pot, add water (about 3 cups) and the spice. Add the carrots, cut in half and allow your leg of lamb to cook for about 2 hours.
- Let it burn/braise in the pot. When the water cooks away, add some olive oil and this will give your leg of lamb its lovely brown colour.
- When the meat is tender and brown, remove it from the pot and allow to rest for 30min.
- Slice the lamb and return it to the pot as there will now be a lovely gravy.
- Then add your salt and freshly milled pepper to taste and allow to braise in that gravy for 20 minutes, resulting in a nice moist leg of lamb.
- Serve with gravy.