Ingredients for the meatballs
- 500g ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup mashed avocado, medium size
- 4 small courgettes, grated
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (any seasoning of your choice will do)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tortillas
- Shredded red cabbage or coleslaw
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- Fresh coriander and micro herbs to garnish
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, until thoroughly mixed.
Using a 1 ½ tablespoon measure ice cream scoop, make about 25 balls and place them on a greased baking sheet, about 4cm apart. If you do not have an ice cream scoop, use a heaped tablespoon to measure the mixture and shape them with your hands (keep a small bowl of water to dip your hands into for easier shaping).
Spray the tops of the balls with a coating of non-stick cooking spray, place on an air fryer baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Or in a pre-heated oven at 180°c for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
To serve, arrange the salad, salsa, meatballs and sliced avocado on top of the tortillas, garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges.
Makes 24 meatballs