By: Fatima Sydow
- 500g butternut, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- Some cream for garnish
- Boil all ingredients, except the cream and butter, till soft.
- Add cream and butter and blend with a blender till smooth.
- Garnish with a little cream, easy and so delicious.
- To take it to another level, drizzle with feta cheese or some chilli oil.
Tip − To make your own chicken stock, simply simmer 2-3 pieces of chicken for an hour in water adding some salt, black pepper corns, a bay leaf, half an onion and a little garlic. Strain off the liquid and take a spoon to remove any fat, and there you have chicken stock.