- 200g nutty wheat flour
- 50g Pouyoukas whole rolled oats plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml plain fat-free yoghurt
- 10g applesauce or puréed pie apples
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 5tbs (75ml) honey
- 1tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1½ tsp (7.5ml) baking powder
- 1½ tsp (7.5ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ tsp (7.5ml) cinnamon
- 2 tbs (30ml) Pouyoukas omega seed mix plus extra for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 180°C and spray a 12 hole muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Combine yoghurt, apple sauce, mashed banana, honey and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine all the remaining dry ingredients.
Add the wet to dry ingredients and mix until smooth (do not over-mix as this will cause the muffins to be heavy).
Spoon the mixture equally throughout the tin and sprinkle with extra oats and seeds.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack.
Allow to cool, then enjoy.