- 700g boerewors
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons of thick and sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce
- 1 onion
- 20ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 15ml chilli sauce (optional)
- 250ml boiling water
- 20ml tomato sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of wine
Place the boerewors in a large saucepan and brown gently on both sides, remove and set aside.
Peel and slice the onions and garlic, add with the soya sauce to the pan with a bit more olive oil.
Add ground coriander and pepper and saute a few minutes longer and then add water and tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, chilli sauce and wine.
Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover with a lid and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
Serve it with mash, rice or pap.
Recipe by Cooking with Metjie