YouTube has now also banned US President Donald Trump from its platform.
YouTube suspended Trump from uploading new videos to his official account for at least a week, joining fellow social media giants Twitter and Facebook in shutting Trump down because of concerns that his posts will incite violence.
YouTube said it removed new content uploaded to Trump’s account for violating its policies and "in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence".
It will also disable comments on his entire channel for an indefinite period of time.
Social media companies have been cracking down on Trump's posts for the past year, fact-checking posts that contained misinformation about the Coronavirus and the 2020 US election.
But after the attack by Trump supporters on the US Capitol in Washington last week, which the president did not immediately condemn, the companies decided the risk was too great to keep him online.
Facebook suspended the president's account at least until the inauguration, while Twitter's ban is permanent.
Meanwhile, Trump has declared a state of emergency in Washington DC ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration on 20 January, the White House said on Monday.
This follows the riot on 6 January which saw at least five people, including a cop, die as a result of the chaos.
The unrest took place after Trump urged his supporters to protest what he claims is a stolen election.
The FBI is warning that armed protests are being planned in all 50 US state capitals in the final days leading up to Biden's inauguration, Sputnik reported.