Alleged baby snatcher, Karabo Tau, was granted R2000 bail in the Bellville Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
Her release comes a few hours after her co-accused Ely Kibunda was free to go after the kidnapping charges against him were dropped.
Tau,18, a matric learner at Claremont High School, faces charges of kidnapping after she allegedly snatched two-month-old twin, Kwahlelwa Tiwane, from his mother in January while pretending to be a social worker.
At the time of her arrest Tau allegedly confessed to selling the infant to foreigners after she was forced to steal him.
The baby is still missing.
Kwahlelwa mother, Asanda, said Tau identified herself as “Monica” from Site B and asked for her son’s birth certificate and clinic card.
She said Tau approached the family under false pretences, saying she was a social worker and offered to help the family with meal and cash vouchers.
During Tau’s bail application today, state prosecutor Matrose Tobinceba said the State was considering changing Tau’s kidnapping charges to human trafficking charges.
The prosecutor also told the court that should Tau be granted bail, it would not only put her life in danger but also jeopardise the chances of finding the baby alive.
Last week video footage was shown in court which showed Tau at school at the time of the alleged abduction.
Following her release, Tau’s supporters and family sang and danced in the street outside the court.
The case was postponed to 7 April.