A second video allegedly showing a “racist attack” by Springbok star Eben Etzebeth at a Langebaan restaurant has emerged on Monday, shortly after the lock was announced as part of the World Cup team that will represent South Africa in Japan.
In this video, filmed inside Die Watergat Langebaan Yacht Club, someone can be heard repeatedly shouting “fo**of”.
This is alleged to be Etzebeth after he was told to apologise to a patron whom he had allegedly klapped with a glass of brandy.
Etzebeth, 27, allegedly also called the coloured man a “hot**t” and assaulted him outside the pub on Saturday night.
Police on Monday confirmed the matter is being investigated, while the South African Rugby Union issued a statement, saying it will co-operate with authorities.
Police spokesperson, Sergeant Noloyiso Rwexana, says: “It is alleged there was an argument between two groups. There were people who were injured and transported to hospital.
“The investigating officer is obtaining statements from the victims with no arrests so far.
“This office has not identified any suspects yet.”
In the first video, a group of men follows another group and someone shouts: “Maak ’n video van die n*** wat virrie Springbokke speel.”
According to a source, Etzebeth and his friends were leaving the restaurant when someone in their group allegedly referred to some coloured men as hot****e and a fight ensued outside the restaurant.
The two videos were posted on YouTube.
Etzebeth took to Facebook on Sunday denying the allegations.
Sport24 reports that pub owner, Riaan Reeders said Etzebeth and around "12-15" people arrived at Die Watergat, a popular pub in Langebaan, around 11pm.
Riaan said that an incident took place inside the bar around midnight, which saw one man involved in a scuffle in the upstairs section of the bar with certain members of Etzebeth's party.
He added that the man who was removed from the premises opened a police case against members of Etzebeth's group.
According to the pub owner, Etzebeth and his group left the pub around 2am on Sunday and were involved in another incident that took place in the streets.
He said the two incidents were not related and that the incident that happened inside his bar had been resolved.
In what appears to the second incident, Grant Simon posted a photo on Facebook of Enver Blaauw lying on the ground, his face swollen and covered in blood.
Speaking to the Daily Voice, Enver claimed “Etzebeth moered me”, but did not want to elaborate further.
It is understood he was at the pub when the first altercation took place and left a short while later.
A witness, Yurayda Papier-Jansen, claimed Enver was walking her and her cousin home when they were attacked.
She posted on Facebook: “Brutally attacked while walking me and my couz home, by Eben Edzebet, Ryan, Emile and friends, calling us hot***s and swearing masep***ste , this is not on. Gunpointing innocent people and assaulting a poor innocent man who done absolutely nothing to * . Eben Edzebet * the biggest racist coz how can you ask (Ho***ts wat suk julle nog op straat) and yet you a public figure. (sic)”
SA Rugby said in a statement: “We have spoken to Eben and he categorically denies any physical or racial abuse on his part as has been alleged in social media. He is a member of the Springbok squad and will remain so unless police authorities require our reconsideration.”
Springbok star Eben Etzebeth. File image