Here are ten things he has said so far:
- President Zuma and other ministers discussed critical interventions at emergency meeting last night.
- Low economic growth is reflection of low business and consumer confidence.
- Government is committed to maintaining fiscal framework announced in budget.
- Treasury's plan to grow economy has been undermined by recent downgrades, data showing recession.
- When boards of SOEs are appointed, skills and capabilities are looked at.
- Glad that the Public Protector is investigating the Gupta emails saga.
- The appointment of new DG Dondo was fast, and shows eagerness.
- Calls for policy certainty to reassure investors and unlock growth.
- Business, labour and government must come with plans on how to get the economy out of tough times.
- Political noise is better than no noise at all.
Reuters and IOL