- 500g Rosa tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked Pouyoukas black-eyed beans
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 100ml fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Place the tomatoes, garlic, chilli flakes and olive oil on a large baking tray.
Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss.
Roast in a preheated 220°C oven for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
Remove from the oven and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the black-eyed beans, spring onions, coriander, lime juice, olive oil and red chilli. Add the roasted tomatoes.
Mix well and serve at room temperature.