- 45ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions cubed
- 1 yellow pepper cubed
- 1 red pepper cubed
- 4 ripe tomato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2.4ml red chilli powder to taste
- Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 5ml cumin seeds
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 x 400g tinned chickpeas drained
- 400g tinned lentils drained
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- 2 lemons cut into quarters
Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions until golden brown.
Add the yellow and red peppers, and the fresh tomatoes, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Add the garlic, all the spices and the tin of chopped tomatoes, then stir in the contents of the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes, then stir in the drained chickpeas and lentils.
Cook gently until the chickpeas and lentils are hot. Tip into a serving dish, sprinkle with fresh coriander and top with the quartered lemons.