Great option for when you have leftover curry
These chicken curry jaffles are perfect if you’re looking for lunch ideas and even make for a great light dinner. Even better, prepare them the night before for lunch.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into even-sized cubes
- 410g can of Rhodes Mixed Vegetables in Curry Sauce
- Handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Butter, softened for spreading
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken.
Add the Rhodes Mixed Vegetables and simmer until the chicken has cooked through.
Remove from heat and stir in the coriander.
Butter one side of 6 slices of bread.
Place the bread, buttered side down, on a board and divide the chicken filling evenly between the 6 slices.
Top with cheese and place the remaining slices of bread on top of the filling. Spread the outside of each slice with butter.
Place the sandwiches, one at a time, inside a heated jaffle iron (or a sandwich maker) and slowly toast over a low flame or medium heat.
* Recipe and image from Rhodes Quality.