Katlego Maboe fans are not giving up without a fight and are rekking their bekke on air for the disgraced TV presenter to return to the Expresso Morning Show.
Viewers were going bos on the SABC programme’s Facebook page after the show put him on “leave to deal with matters in his private life”.
The 33-year-old will not be appearing on the show pending the outcome of an internal investigation.
Outsurance has pulled all their TV ads starring the presenter, giving him time off to sort out his drama.
Kat has been in the dogbox since last week when a video emerged on social media in which his baby mama Monique Muller, calls him out for cheating and giving her a STD.
She has also accused him assault, which led to her getting a protection order.
Fans are min gespin about Kat’s jolling ways and yesterday, an online petition exceeded 54 000 signatures and is now aiming at 75 000.
The petition states: “If Outsurance doesn’t bring Katlego back, this petition will be signed by South Africans to boycott Outsurance until you bring the poor guy back on our screens again.”
During and after the Expresso show on Tuesday, viewers trashed the programme on social media.
The show posted a picture of three presenters Graeme Richards, Thabiso Makhubela and Kuhle Adams, with the caption: “Make the right choice this #ChooseDay with WOOLWORTHS fashion available online, in-store or on the woolies app.”
Make the right choice this #ChooseDay with WOOLWORTHS fashion available online, in-store or on the woolies app! https://bit.ly/3dYaewh #ExpressoShowPosted by Expresso Morning Show - SABC 3 onMonday, October 26, 2020
Viewer Morne MadDog Davids chirped: “Lol expresso.... you can post whole day.... we are ready!!! Bring back kat.”
Allaveya Van Reenen complained: “#BringbackKatlego ChooseDay is senseless without Katlego.”
A disappointed Afeefah Moses wrote: “I am sure Kat was not just a colleague to the cast. So this is a sign that Expresso is more concerned about what his personal life would do to their image. If that’s the case hire robots coz humans make mistakes, it is how we come back from it. He owned up... regardless of what who says how long it took him... HE DID IT. and for doing the right thing he gets ruined he gets ridiculed. .. SIES!! #bringbackKatlego klaar!!”
Meanwhile, Outsurance tried to cover up the brand damage.
Spokesperson Natasha Kawulesar said: “It is important to note that Katlego is not an Outsurance employee or a permanent contractor to Outsurance.
“He is a professional actor who is paid on a campaign-by- campaign basis.”
She also pointed out that Nikita Murray - who Kat admitted he slept with at a hotel - no longer works at Outsurance.
“We also want to clarify that Nikita Murray is not a current Outsurance employee.
“She last worked for the company in 2018.
Katlego and Nikita met independently and not via any relation to Outsurance.”
Speaking to IOL Entertainment, Kat said he denied the abuse allegations, adding that he wouldn’t comment on the court case.
Commenting on the video, which was recorded by Monique, Kat said it was made on 24 August and that he had been ambushed.
“My child was used as a weapon, and as a father, I was placed in a position where I need to consider my love for him.
“I said what I said on the video and I tried my best to at least draw the line of the integrity of the people involved,” he said.
“I was very willing to have the conversation with her in person, but very soon realised the intention of the video from the beginning was for it to be released.”