The tribe has spoken, ‘Survivor’ will return



September 6, 2016
The tribe has spoken, ‘Survivor’ will return

RETURN: 'Survivor' will be back on SA screens for Season 28

SABC will broadcast another American show that was previously cancelled by its local content policy.

The SABC has caved in under viewer pressure and is bringing back another canned show.

Fans will be happy to hear that Survivor is being brought back to the public broadcaster.

Survivor fans will be glad to know the popular American reality show will be back on your small screens next month.

The national broadcaster’s decision earlier to cancel several international shows left many viewers dik kwaad.

The SABC said it wanted to make way for more local shows, and cancelled Survivor, The Amazing Race and soapie Days of our Lives, which has since risen from the ashes of SABC CEO Hlaudi Motsoeneng’s fires.

It appears that ratings have dropped and pressure from angry viewers mounted after some international favourites like Survivor were canned.

The much-loved reality show was replaced by the locally produced, Divas of Jozi, South Africa’s version of Housewives of Orange County.

SABC 3 publicity co-ordinator Doulha Domingo told YOU magazine the not so popular local reality show has not been cancelled.

“The first season Divas of Jozi is coming to an end, so Survivor will replace it,” she said.

The 28th season of Survivor starts October 3 at 8pm.

Last month Days of our Lives returned after a public outcry, although at the much later timeslot of 11.30pm.

(Visited 467 times, 7 visits today)