Psycho slasher butchered my arm



November 4, 2016
Psycho slasher butchered my arm

HORROR: Antonio Sauls, 33, was attacked at a pals Tafelsig home

Stranger ambushes dad with a Samurai sword.

This dad of four experienced a real-life Halloween horror when he was slashed with a sword in a crazed attack.

Antonio Sauls, 33, from Tafelsig, says he’s lucky to be alive after a stranger nearly chopped his arm off with a Samurai sword last Friday.

The father, whose wife is giving birth to his fifth child via C-Section today, says he just came home from visiting her at Groote Schuur Hospital, and decided to koel af close to his Sentinel Road home.

The traumatised man says he and four others were enjoying a few cold beers in Karbonkel Street just after 4pm when the 49-year-old suspect, who was unknown to the friends, asked if he could join them.

“He asked to drink a few beers with us and we said it’s OK,” said Antonio.

“But nobody said anything to him, he drank two or three glasses and then left.”

Antonio says the stranger returned minutes later in a car.

“He got out and drew a Samurai sword. Hy was smoordronk,” the dad says.

“I didn’t know he was coming for me because he wasn’t aggressive or violent, but within seconds he raised his sword and hit me with it.”

Antonio says everyone was in shock.

“It happened so fast, when I lifted my arms [to protect himself], the sword cut the glass [he had in his hand] in half and sliced a deep cut into my right arm.

“I said ‘wat maak die ou dan nou?’ He got into his car and drove away. I could see he also looked shocked.

“I quickly took off my T-shirt and ran home to my mother who rushed me to [Groote Schuur] hospital.”

Marlene Sauls, 57, says she was shocked to see Antonio’s bloody forearm.

“He became drowsy and lost a lot of blood,” she says.

Antonio says the cut was 30 centimetres long and he had to receive 18 stitches.

The dad says he made sure to take lots of pictures of his injuries, even in the operating room, as evidence.

Antonio, who works for a printing company, is just dik kwaad that he won’t be using his arm for a while.

“I won’t be able to work for six months or even help my wife with our newborn baby girl as I can’t use my right arm,” he says.

Police spokesperson Captain FC van Wyk says a case of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm has been opened for investigation.

“A 49-year-old suspect has been arrested and will appear in Mitchells Plain Magistrates’ Court in November 9.”

Read more News