Pogba… blah blah



July 22, 2016
Pogba… blah blah

WANTED MAN: Paul Pogba

José Mourinho and agent Mino Raiola played down widespread reports that Paul Pogba had yesterday become the first £100million football star.

UK and French media claimed that Juventus and Manchester United had agreed to an improved bid for Pogba from the English giants.

An initial £86m bid plus £14m for the France midfielder had been rejected, but reports claimed that a new world record deal had been reached between the clubs.

Yesterday morning, stories ran that a transfer fee of £100m plus £8m had been reached, plus personal term of £210 000 a week.

But the 23-year-old’s agent Raiola tweeted: There is no deal done regarding Paul Pogba, lots of bla bla bla.”

And United boss Jose also didn’t give away anything.

He told the Mirror: “I don’t confirm and I don’t deny.

“I cannot tell. First of all because I don’t think it’s correct to speak about players from other clubs. He’s a Juventus player, not a Manchester United player.

“The only thing I can say is that my board, my directors, did a fantastic job to do 75 percent of the job I asked them to do.

“I asked them for four profiles of players, I gave them a few options and they did for me 75 percent of the job and we just have 25 percent to do before 31 August. So we are in a great position to do what I consider will be a great market for us.”

Jose also hinted that Pogba was not the only player he was looking at.

He says: “We know the profile of the player we want and we have three faces that fit that profile.

“I’m really confident Mr Woodward [United CEO] and the owners can get the profile of the player I think the squad needs.”

(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)