- The luxury Stellenbosch home in which the Van Breda couple and their son were murdered on January 27, 2015 has new owners after being on the market for a year.
- The Goske Street property belonging to Merwood Consultants, which was owned by Martin van Breda, fetched R5.8m, an estate agent said.
- The four-bedroom house, described as a “modern Cape Vernacular-style home” on a past listing, had been purchased in 2014.
- The 865m² property has four bathrooms and a pool. Priced at R4.6m at the time, it was later put on the market for R6.2m.
- “De Zalze Estate was established in 2000 and in the 14 years of operation, no serious crime has been reported. The attack is therefore viewed as an unusual, isolated incident confined to the property in question,” the De Zalze Home Owners Association said.
The nature of the Van Breda murders were so brutal that it continues to receive local and international news coverage, that it even birthed a book — entitled The De Zalze Murders: The Story Behind the Brutal Axe Attack — written by by award-winning investigative journalist Julian Jansen.
A Wikipedia page has also been dedicated to the notorious Van Breda murders.