It was an emotional day as relatives of six family members who perished after their home burnt down were laid to rest.
Hundreds of community members joined the Bennett family in Bonteheuwel on Saturday to pay their last respects.
The relatives died after their home in Netreg was engulfed in flames on October 26, after a burning candle fell over.
Among the deceased were sisters Florence, 28, and Gail Bennett, 20, their children Chadwin, 8, and his little brother, Chadley Bennett, two, 15-month-old Dylan Bennett as well as 11-year-old Edwin Adams.
The children’s grandmother Rose Bennett, 58, is the only one who survived after she was able to escape from the burning house.
Funeral proceedings began at Klipfontein Primary School which Edwin and Chad attended.
The children’s uncle Jonathan Arendse, says: “It was a big funeral, just about everyone who could make it came out to support the family, and everyone was emotional.”
“But now that we have finally buried them, I think everyone can start healing, it’s been a tough couple of weeks for us.
“Aunty Rose is out of hospital and is still going for counselling, she is still in a state.
“We just want to thank everyone who has been supporting us.”