Baby Jordan’s killers denied parole



July 1, 2016
Baby Jordan’s killers denied parole

IN PRISON: Bonginkosi Sigenu, Zanethemba Gwaba and Dina Rodrigues.

Norton's happy with board's decision.

The family of murdered Baby Jordan-Leigh Norton say they will continue to oppose her killers’ bids for parole.

This after convicted killers Bonginkosi Sigenu and Zanethemba Gwada’s parole were denied an early release at the Drakenstein Prison in Paarl on Wednesday.

But the duo will be eligible to apply for parole again in November, once they complete their psychiatric treatment.

The two were sentenced to life imprisonment along with Dina Rodrigues, Sipho Mfazwe and Mongezi Bobotyane for the contract killing of the six-month-old girl on June 15, 2005.

Mfazwe and Bobotyane got a further 10 years for armed robbery.

The men pretended to be working for a courier company to gain access to the family’s Lansdowne home where they knifed the baby to death.

They had been hired by Rodrigues – Jordan’s dad Neil Wilson’s girlfriend at the time – who paid them R10 000.

In 2013, Rodrigues made a full confession in which she admitted she had been infatuated with Wilson, and had plotted to kill his child who she believed “was in the way” of their happiness.

Yesterday, Baby Jordan’s grandfather, Vernon Norton, told the Daily Voice they will fight to keep her killers in jail.

The baby’s mom, Natasha Norton, did not attend the parole proceedings.

Vernon says: “We are satisfied, we have always taken the stance that we will oppose parole, though it was not our decision to make.”

He says the family has been “celebrating” his granddaughter’s birthday every year since her death.

“Her birthday is November 30th and we do it every year as we reflect on her life, we will always do that ,” he adds.

“She would have been 12 years old, heading to her teenage years.”

(Visited 2,000 times, 1 visits today)